Word Problems on Multiplication and Division of Whole Numbers
We will learn how to solve step-by-step the word problems on
multiplication and division of whole numbers. We know, we need to do multiplication
and division in our daily life. Let us solve some word problem examples.
Word problems on multiplying and dividing of large numbers:
1. The cost of a chair is $980.50. Find the cost of such 2035 chairs.
Cost of a chair = 980.50
Number of chairs = × 2035
Cost of 2035 chairs = 1995317.50
Therefore, cost of 2035 chairs is $1995317.50.
2. A tyre factory produces 6348 tyres a day. How many tyres
will the factory produce in 460 days?
Number of tyres a tyre factory produces in one day = 6348
Number of day = × 460
Total number of tyres produces in 460 days = 2920080
Therefore, the tyre factory will produce 2920080 tyres in
3. The cost of a flat is $4218000. If there are 36 similar
flats in a building, how much money will be collected by selling all the flats?
Cost of one flat = $4218000
Number of similar flats = 36
Cost of 36 flats = $4218000 × 36
Hence, the money collected = $151848000
4. 470988 books are to be arranged equally in shelves. If 378 books are arranged in each shelf, how many shelves will be needed?
Total number of books = 470988
Number of books arranged in each shelf = 378
Number of shelves needed = 470988 ÷ 378
Therefore, 1246 shelves needed to arrange 470988 books
5. The cost of 534 train tickets was $457104. Find the cost
of one ticket?
Number of train tickets = 534
Cost of 534 train tickets = $457104
Cost of 1 train ticket = 457104 ÷ 534
Therefore, cost of one train ticket is $856.
6. 36 families went on trip which cost them $1216152. If each
family share the cost equally, how much did each family pay?
Total number of families = 36
Total cost paid by 36 families = $1216152
Cost paid by each family = $1216152 ÷ 36
Hence, cost paid by each family = $33782