Coin Toss Probability Worksheet
different types of coin toss questions like tossing a coin, tossing two coins simultaneously
and tossing three coins simultaneously in coin toss probability worksheet.
1. If a coin is tossed 500 times and the tail appears 159
times, find the probability of getting a tail.
2. On tossing a coin 1000 times, the head appeared 465 times
and the tail appeared 535 times. Find the probability of getting a (i) head
3. Three coins were tossed simultaneously 200 times. The outcomes are given in the table below:
Find the probability of getting (i) exactly two heads (ii) 1 head 2 tails (iii) at least one head.
4. Write down the total number of possible outcomes when the
following experiment is done.
(i) A coin is tossed
(ii) A die is rolled
(iii) Two coins are tossed
5. Two coins are tossed simultaneously. Write the number of
favourable outcomes for the following events:
(i) getting at least one tail
(ii) getting on tail.
6. Fill in the blanks.
(i) A coin tossed at random. The probability of getting a
tail is …… .
(ii) A coin tossed at random. The probability of getting a head
is …… .
7. Two coins are tossed together. What is the probability of
getting different faces on the coin?
8. A coin is tossed twice. What is the probability of
(i) no head
(ii) at most 1 tail
9. Three coins are tossed simultaneously. What is the
probability of getting at least two heads?
Note: All possible outcomes are HHH, HHT, HTH, THH, HTT,
THT, TTH, TTT.
Answers for the coin toss probability worksheet are given below to check the exact answers.
2. (i) 93200
3. (i) 720
4. (i) 2
5. (i) 3
6. (i) 12
8. (i) 14